Friday, December 30, 2011

Waste Not, Want Not...Or Not

I am quickly learning and firmly believing that nothing is ever wasted. I recently found myself saying something along the lines of 'I don't want to waste my time with something fruitless." And then, in another strange flashback, I was taken back to my geology class and my teacher said "Every drop of water on this Earth will always be on this Earth. It is recycled and reused and pushed under ground and evaporated into the air but it is never wasted." Or something to that affect and it hit me, nothing is wasted. The last year and half with the ex wasn't wasted time, or wasted love, or wasted anything. From that time, I learned and I grew and I became better. I didn't waste love on someone who just took it without a thought of sharing any with me. (Which is how I felt for a long time. Why love him when he isn't giving me any love. Which seems an immature thought but think about it, how many times do you not do something, some random act of love and kindness because you think it won't come back to you or that it will be unappreciated or unnoticed? We all do that.) It (meaning love given out) may not be used in the way that you intended it and you may not even see that love being used and felt, but that doesn't mean the Love isn't being used or felt. Time spent on doing silly things, making mistakes, or just being a dumby is not a waste. It's all part of the journey and what you put out will improve someones life. You may not realize it at the time, but in the end, it will improve your life as well. How freeing is that, to feel and realize that nothing is lost or wasted? For me, it makes following my heart more do able. My brain has a bad habit of saying "Hey that act of joy is wasting our time getting down to business". I think I'm just going to ignore that killjoy of a brain from now on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool concept! I have often felt the same about that.