Sunday, August 19, 2012

God's Grace

No one knows how to make God sound like a rock star more than Joel Osteen. Occasionally, I find myself enjoying his programming and listening to him proclaim things like "Our God is far out!" Through time and strife, I have come to appreciate Joel and his insight. Especially when he says things like "You are heavy laden,not with burdens. Not with troubles, but with God's grace. You are heavy laden with God's favor.You only have to give God permission to flood you with blessings." This statement reminded me of another unexpected source of insight, Creflo Dollar. Weird right. But I once heard him say to his congregation "God's grace is already there. Forgiveness is done. All it is for you to do is to take ownership of what God has already done." This I know, God is limitless. The atonement is already done, which means healing is done, forgiveness is done, love is already there and available. By not accepting the blessings, love and healing that is already made for us, we are limiting God. By not owning the things provided us, we are denying the love God gave us through His son. I find myself doing this very thing in many areas of my life. In the words of Joel Osteen "You walk in God's grace. You are showered with His favor. Why do you deny Him the great pleasure of blessing you with greatness?"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sooo...I've officially backtracked to when the light when on for you (the Wild at Heart book), or rather when God knocked on the door of your heart and you finally opened. Creepy? Perhaps. But in Christ you have no shame and no fear, so here I am.

You will remember me as the photographer at the carnival for S & E. I went to their blog and then saw your latest update, "God's Grace". Honestly I thought you were Mormon and well I use to be Mormon until the knocking and open-door thing happened to me. I clicked on your blog, because with my assumption I wondered why you would blog on God's Grace. Then I read. :)

I just wanted to give a little shout of praise for what God is revealing to you. Living in Utah is heavy at times and when I come across the light, well I have to point it out!

Congratulations on your recent marriage. I pray that God will be at the center, and that through Him great joy and love will be had.