Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Leader, Friend, and Lover aka My Man

I would just like to take a moment to make you all barf at how in love I am with my man. And thus I commence in publicly boasting about the man I call husband:

This morning, on my walk/run, God reminded me of all the things I am blessed with and they are all wrapped up in one very tall man. This man is the fearless leader of our home. He is trustworthy and trusting. He is endlessly patient and forgiving of me. He loves God and lives to serve God. He is the hardest working man I have ever met. He is honest in all of his doings, my best friend and confidant and a complete hunk. I wrong him daily and he always forgives me. He loves me better than any man ever has and he deserves more respect than I could ever give.

I think of the ways that I have sinned; demanding respect but giving none, forcing a fake love in relationships that valued worldly things above God, begging men who had no feelings for me to love me (and I mean literally begging). And then some.

I did this all in the pursuit of a love no man can give. God has shown me that love Himself and still does (His love never fails, in case you didn't know) and continues to show me that type of love through the love of my husband.

I know that my man is not perfect but I can say (or write rather) that Nathan Scott Lemke is the most honorable man I have ever met and I am endlessly blessed to call him the leader of my home, my best friend, and my lover.

No comments: