Friday, August 30, 2013

Weariness Wednesday, except It's Friday

Life makes me weary. The constant worship of things unGodly and absolutely disgusting wears me out. This week, I have been disgusted and distraught over the Miley Cyrus business, while people are being fumigated to death in Syria. Children I know are crying and fighting because they didn't get the newest iPhone for their birthday. While other children I recently met are serving children on the Thai/ Burma border, quoting scripture from memory and carrying backpacks packed full of supplies for those Burma children. 13, 10, and 7 year old are being raised to serve others or to serve themselves. The most frustrating part of all of this is to know that I am on the list of people who serve themselves. The majority of the time, I seek after my own pleasure before I seek to further the Kingdom of God.

Lord forgive us and turn to strengths our weaknesses.

No comments: