Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Eph the Government

So I am trying to go back to school so I can be smart and be like everyone else. Today I found out that I have an academic hold so I can't register for classes til I talk to a counselor and because my last name starts with a W I get to meet with the worst one of all. Mr. Z, incredibly nice man, incredibly bad at counselling. Five years ago, while I was working at the registrars office, I got to know Mr. Z and all of his mistakes. Student after student came to me with problems and I would be like well how did that happen and they would say oh Mr. Z helped me. Ha and then comes the matter of paying for it. I was going to try to pay for it all my own but recent developments have made that not possible and that's fine. The problem is my parents and I make too much money for grants so all that I qualify for are loans. To be very blunt, loans sound like a suck butt deal. If the ephing government can give 5 million dollars to save a fish in California I think they could give me a couple thousand to go to school. Not that I agree with mooching off the government but sometimes you just have to play their games. Darn it! If only my parents were divorced or I was a single mother. Well hey there's an idea. Single mom's get to cash in on everything. OK see you guys, I have something I've got to go do. Just kidding . . . well kind of.

2 comments:

Steven and Tanesha said...

Yeah school is so expensive. I have to pay for my tuition in a few weeks and I am dreading it. Keep searching for scholarships, grants, etc. and hopefully you can find something. Good luck!

Stacee Maree said...

Just tell Mr. Z that you don't want to take the classes he suggests and take your own. I don't think I ever talked to a counselor and I graduated just fine. Eph the gov and the school