Thursday, March 5, 2009

What's Your Name Again?

I have recently been spending time with a boy I'll call Eric. On Sunday, I had an FHE committee meeting after church, Eric was also at this meeting. Now we had introduced ourselves when I first started to go to that ward and exchange hello, how are you's when we see each other. Sunday after our meeting was over, we started chatting and ended spending the entire afternoon together and he got my number before he left. We talked on Monday but didn't see each other. First impression is I think he may be a little bit of a player. Tuesday we watched a movie and talked til like 2 and I am thinking "OK I like how this is going, nice and slow and we'll just see." Last night, we got together again and had a good time talking. I can not remember what exactly we were talking about but he called me Cheyenne. I call him out on it with a "What did you just call me?" Then he realized his mistake and starts apologizing profusely. I just laugh it off and think nothing of it. Maybe its the lack of sleep I've had the last couple of nights but this morning, I wake up and find myself extremely annoyed that he called me the name of an 18 year old girl in our ward. I talk to Steph and she agrees that that was an idiot thing to do even on accident. Then I get a male perspective and tell my friend Spencer about it and I tell him I am annoyed. He offers me some suggestions as to why this boy would make this mistake and then says "Even if it was a mistake, it shows a lack of attention and focus on his part and I understand why you would be annoyed" and I say that is it! That is why I am so annoyed by it and cause that just kinda sealed the deal on my thought that he really is a player. I think I'll start phasing him out, at least I can get back on my good sleeping schedule.

1 comment:

Stacee Maree said...

ditch him now don't phase out just get rid of him.