Monday, October 19, 2009

Fortune Cookies

I just read my cousins blog. She was talking about spending time with our grandparents and I started to cry. I miss them quite a lot and I realize that I have been avoiding them. My grandpa has Alzheimer's and grandma is diabetic. They are old and that makes me so sad and scared because I don't want to loose them. I do love them and I hate to think that I didn't spend as much time with them as I could because I was afraid of their old age. I'm twenty effing three for crying out loud. Grow up Shauntae! I recently had a fortune cookie that said something I can't remember but it made me think I need to make family more of a priority. So that is what I am going to do. The only fortune I have is my family and if I waste that, I don't deserve any other kind of fortune. In my head, that made sense. Too much soy sauce for me I think.

1 comment:

Stacee Maree said...

ya know I go through that all the time. At Meg's baptism Grandpa didn't even know who I was. That killed me. I have always adored grandpa and that made me realize we are going to loose him and he either knows who we are when he goes or he doesn't. I would prefer that he does. SO I have been trying and with alot of motivation from outside sources, to visit and do what I can to better respect my elders. I never want grandpa to forget me again.
otchaver