Monday, March 22, 2010

Sleep Signs

I don't really know why I sometimes think it's a great idea to stay up late and get up early but sometimes that is exactly what I do. And did, all last week, there wasn't a night that I got to bed before midnight. It's almost like I am 18 again, but even when I was 18 I went to bed at a decent hour. Last night I didn't go to bed until 1 in the morning and was up at 7. This is bad for me. I need sleep, I am a solid 9 hours of sleep a night kind of girl. When I need more sleep, things get weird. A few signs I need more sleep:

I do the ironing I have been avoiding for months because I can't focus on writing a paper.

I sit down to update my blog and ended up staring at a gold fish for 20 minutes.

I look for something to eat and say "Ugh there is nothing to eat" and then 10 minutes later I'm digging through my purse looking for spilled milk duds, but maybe that has nothing to do with rest and everything to do with my addiction to sugar.

I put my contacts in and then put my glass on and it took at least 2 minutes to figure out why everything was incredibly blurry.

I realize I am still hungry, starving actually, so I take chicken out of the freezer to eat later. Why would I do that? It's frozen and I am hungry now. So then I go search for more spilled milk duds.

I get home from school and tried to open the door and it was locked, so then I started to cry. Why? Because my arms are tired and I don't want to lift my arms to unlock it.

And then I put in the Princes and the Frog. During which I see a preview for the new Toy Story movie and I start to cry again because Andy is all grown up and going to college.

This is when I realize college is lame and it is the reason I am so tired. Well it's not really but I am blaming it anyway and I begin to cry even more.

Oh I also want to tell you guys that I have made a new oath to not swear so much and so far it's hard. Every time one slips out I say "Oh damn it!" and then that one slipped out so then it's "Oh damn it! I did it again!" and "again" Argh!! But really it's not that bad. I think, I just don't even know anymore, I'm just so tired.


I need more milk duds.

2 comments:

Stacee Maree said...

please get some sleep, you are making me cry just thinking about how tired you are.
muslions

Unknown said...

SLEEP!! I can't function on less than 9 hours. I used to be able to back in my prime..haha...but now my husband has me trained to go to bed at 10:00. And, What?!?! Andy is all grown up in this next movie??? That is definitely reason for tears!