Sunday, September 27, 2009

The World is Heavy

WARNING! This may get preachy. Lately I have been in the dumps or the grumps. I wish I could say it was because I am about to start my period, but I can't. The world that I carry on my shoulders has seemed quite heavy lately. At first this post was going to be a pity me story, and I had been typing at it for about an hour but while writing it I had a realization so I erased it and started over. My realization was this, I am being humbled and the world is being humbled. I, like so many other people, am stressed, worried, and disappointed with everything going on in the world and my own life. Listing, over and over again, the things that I have to be stressed about my mind kept saying "you aren't the only one" to which I would say back "but my problems are the ones that matter most". After a while of this arguing with myself, a thought entered my mind. I thought, you are being awful prideful thinking your problems are the only ones that matter. This thought sparked a series of thoughts about the pride cycle. I came to the conclusion that I am being humbled, and the world is being humbled. Things are hard and we have all been forced to look back to the basics and what's important. For most people, that's family. I believe that even in families that aren't religious, if they are kind to each other and doing their best to fulfill their rolls, God is at the center of that family unit because families are sacred and important. I may be wrong, so don't quote me on it, but that is what I think. Does this understanding make me feel better? Only slightly. Being humbled is hard and painful, but it is what I need, it's what the world needs. I am probably late on coming to this realization, I am sure most of the world has figured this out already and what does that say about me? That I really am prideful and ignorant. Well there it is, my little speech from the pulpit.

1 comment:

Stacee Maree said...

You forgot in the name of _____ amen.
enestrai