Monday, January 24, 2011

Fancy Pants

My loving and sweet boyfriend is so sweet and loving. Before Christmas, he bought me some jeans. Really nice jeans, Calvin Klein jeans. When he gave them to me, I was so excited and happy. Then I put them on "Um babe you got them too big. You know my pants size why did you get them big?" He walks over to me and rips the tags off (to prohibit me from taking them back) and then says "I just wanted you to have nice comfy jeans that aren't so tight. And check out the pockets. Deep huh? Those are man pockets." So I have nice jeans that are too big, but they are comfy so I still wear them. Since Christmas I have lost at least 10 pounds, making the pants even more too big for me. The boyfriend has taken to calling them my "memaw" pants. That is what he calls his grandma, memaw. And since I have lost the extra weight, he likes to say things to me like "look at you sportin the sag." Or when we are out and about and he is trying to get my attention he will call out things like "hey saggy britches" or "yo droopy drawers". It is somewhat adorable with his southern accent but I am still beginning to suspect him of purposefully getting me such big pants just so he can mock me for them.

On an related note, recently I have heard three different commercials use the word "gooder," as an English major I am outraged.

1 comment:

Stacee Maree said...

The gooder commercials drive me crazy too!!! AAAAH I just want to scream at them every time. Sorry about the saggy pants. I guess if the man thinks they are cute you go with them, right?
samema