Thursday, January 6, 2011

Here's to Finding a Good Man

Last night I had a dream about one of my past boyfriends. I was trying to convince him to do something like run away with me or something like that and he said this "my mother would be so mad." And that is when I woke up. Once awake, I realized that BF is the only one of my boyfriends that doesn't live with or near his mother. No really listen to this:

Boyfriend 1: lived with his mother

Boyfriend 2: lived with his grandmother

Boyfriend 3: lived within 20 minutes of his mother

Boyfriend 4: lived with his mother

Boyfriend 5: lived right next to his mother

Boyfriend 6: lived within 10 minutes of his mother

Current boyfriend lives 3000 miles away from his mother. Seriously how did it take me so long to find a man that finally grew up and left his mother? Moms are great but really there comes a time when a boy needs to grow up and non of these mothers seemed to be encouraging the grow up and be a man. Or maybe it was my fault doing the whole nanny thing maybe just by default men with mommy attachment issues were just naturally attracted to me. I am not sure but really mom's the more you treat your son like a baby girl the more they will grow up to be a baby girl. If I had a quarter for every man I made cry by saying to them "Why don't you grow some balls and stand up for yourself" I would have no less than a dollar. A 4 men may not seem like a lot but it's 4 too many men.

One time I saw take place at the park a woman yelling and berating her husband for letting their four year old son fall less than 10 inches to the ground. First of all the child wasn't even hurt and secondly, there is nothing wrong with letting the kid cry. Don't even get me started on the way the woman was treating her husband. I was humiliated with him. I was like hey lady maybe if you treated your man like a man he would act like a man. The problem with this world is that men are acting like women and women are acting like men and no one likes a woman who acts manly at least I don't anyway.

Anyway the gist of my rant that doesn't make sense is that I am so glad that I finally have a man that isn't afraid to make a decision and isn't afraid to chase me and who isn't afraid to let me know when I do something he doesn't like. Stephen takes care of me, he makes me feel pretty and perfect, he is a real man and I love him.

1 comment:

Stacee Maree said...

AMEN and congrats!
graves