Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ketchup and Potato Salad

This is why I love my job. One day, not too long ago, I was getting ready to do a load of laundry. i opened the washer and found to my surprise, a half eaten pickle and a flip flop. Yesterday, i was cleaning out backpacks and found a bottle of ketchup in Kenna's backpack. "Kenna, why is there a bottle of ketchup in your backpack?" I said. Kenna(11) replied"Huh, I didn't know that was there." " You went through a whole day of school not knowing you had a bottle of ketchup in your backpack?" Then Kenna says " Yeah, weird huh?" Trevor(7) then starts laughing " Hahaha I put that there to trick her." Kids are weird and I laughed a lot. Later that same day I sent Kenna upstairs to clean her room and bathroom. She comes out of her bathroom holding the bottle of ketchup. Trevor again had decided to play some trick on her with the ketchup. I don't know why he chose ketchup to be his little prank of choice, but he did and I have been chuckling about it for the past two days. Another thing that caused me to laugh a whole bunch was this, an empty ice cream container was being used to hold potato salad in it. Alex(4) found this container in the fridge and got it out intending to eat some ice cream. He opens it and in his angry little 4 year old voice, he yells "Who in the world put potato salad in the ice cream?" He was so mad and I just bust up laughing. Kids are weird and I love them and I love my job.

1 comment:

Steven and Tanesha said...

I loved your stories, they make me miss being a nanny!