Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Pray for our Bathroom

I should be ironing about two hundred pounds of clothes right now. I hate ironing. I love to procrastinate until bosses have no clothes left to wear. I used to take it to the dry cleaners and let them iron it all but then bosses figured out what I was doing and said I had to stop. Bummer. Last night BF and I went to dinner and after that he let me shower in his shower. My bathroom is torn to shreds. It all started with some leaking water on the floor and a wall in the shower caving in. We called our landlord and he came to fix it. First they tore one and a half walls off to fix the plumbing. With no walls in our bathroom, it has been a game of hmm where should I shower tonight? Who will buy me dinner and let me shower at their house? Its a wonder we still have friends. The tearing down of walls and the fixing of the plumbing took one day and gave us the false hope that it would be done quickly and soon we could have our bathroom again. Nope then came the dry wallers to fix the walls, they have taken a week and its still not finished yet. And then came the discovery of termites. So today the terminators and the dry waller will be back and hopefully get it done. Then tomorrow the men who will install the shower will be here and with any luck at all it will be finished and we can shower at our own house. I try to avoid going home as much as I can because our one and only bathroom being unuseable brings tears and fits of giggles and the chanting of "Unreal. Something new everyday. Why am I crying and laughing at the same time? Where did our mirror go?" I hate our bathroom. BF's mom is teaching me how to knit. Last night I sat down to practice some and I got the first step completed and could not remember the rest to save my life. I was so frustrated I tried to poke my eyes out with the knitting needles good thing Steph was around or todays headlines would say something to the effect of me being the modern day Ediopus. I can't remember how to spell that name but you get the idea. I started my Christmas shopping this morning and it brought such joy to me. I am love/hating today. Well I just hate that I have to do some ironing. BOO.

No comments: