Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday Monday Monday

Let's bow our heads and give thanks that January is over. Hooray for that, except some of January's awfulness has crept into my February of love. Let me explain. My first moments of February were joyful, happy, and full of love, I even wore my favorite red shirt. On the way to school, I saw a lady crossing the street, doing arm pit farts to the cars as she passed. This made me laugh, a lot, maybe because I was not one of the cars she arm pit farted. Then while at school, I had lots of nice day dreams about summer and swimsuits and beaches. I then enjoyed a nice walk in beautiful weather across campus to the computer center where I was to quickly take a test and be finished with a section in that class. That is when remnants of January found their awful ugly way into my beautiful February. I retrieved my folder for the class, preparing to take my test and I notice that I am not cleared for testing. I approach the counter where the teachers are and ask "May I take the test?" To which, they look at my folder and reply "No you need to fix an assignment." "I am not graded on these assignments and even if I don't re-do this one assignment, I should still be able to take the test because I have all the others, so says this guideline. And I would rather just take the test than waste the time re-doing this assignment that I am not graded on anyway." "Well we can't approve you to test until all of these are cleared." I then ask "Well what exactly is wrong with the assignment?" This is honestly the answer that I got " Your slashes are going to the wrong way." Naturally I burst into fits of laughter because surely they must be joking. I think this is when it really started to go down hill. I look her in the eyes and say "You're joking right? You are not seriously preventing me from taking the test because my slashes are leaning to the right instead of the left?" "Well the assignment is wrong and needs to be corrected." "I am not going to waste the time re-doing this because my slashes are the wrong way." "I can't approve you for testing until it is corrected and resubmitted." We then had a short staring slash glaring contest. I walked away, flipping her off with my eyes, corrected the assignment and turned it back in. "Oh great are you ready to take the test now?" "No actually, I am fuming and I'm going to come back later when you are not here." I left the computer center and took the same walk that was so beautiful before only this time, I walked it in tears of frustration. Trust me I looked really sane walking across campus bawling and cussing, not quietly either. My once pleasant day dreams turned into snowy, cold, January day dreams of death and destruction of the computer center by toilet papering and spray paint. And not even pretty glittery spray paint, but ugly black and poopy brown spray paint. 20 minutes of crying, another 20 minutes of fuming and cussing and slamming things around, and 1 piece of cake later, I am feeling the love of February again. On a positive note, I have decided that it has been more than a year since the demise of my last relationship and I am ready for a new BF. I haven't decided on who it will be yet but I'm leaning towards Channing Tatum, or Jude Law.

2 comments:

JlynTheo said...

I HATE people like that! But on a bright note, your blog about it was awesome and it made me smile :)

Stacee Maree said...

I agree your blog made my morning. You are so dang funny I could die laughing. And if you need help with the spray painting and toilet papering, I'm with ya. Just let me know when and where. Keep smiling and I have Jude Law on my speed dial why didn't your just ask :)
trinsie
the weird word of the day reminded me of Trixie, which reminds me of a hussey, which reminds me that you need a boyfriend. Good luck with that.