Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Life: The Musical

No one takes me seriously and I can't say I blame them. Especially when I do things like this:
It's a cloudy and cold February morning. We find the subject of our story sitting at a computer downstairs in the Dixie State College library. This happens to be her favorite place on campus, it's warm, secluded atmosphere and the quiet hum from the computers make her feel safe and comfortable. She has her earphones plugged in her ears and is listening to her favorite Panodra radio station that is playing Michael Buble'. She finishes her work and is preparing to go to class. She logs off her computer, takes out the earphones and looks up. This is when she notices on lookers that are grinning and giggling. Her first thought is "oh my butt crack must be hanging out again." Then another, more horrifying thought crosses her mind. "I was singing out loud, wasn't I?" she asked the ten or more giggling on lookers. They nod and some even burst into full out laughing. She bursts into giggles herself and walks to class with this thought lingering in her head "I swear this stuff only happens in movies or on bad tv sitcoms."

Am I the girl in this story? The one that was singing out loud in the library? Yes. Yes that was me. If I had any shame at all this probably would have embarrassed me. But I hold on to the hope that I at least sounded sort of good.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Someone SHOULD make a movie about your life. I'd watch it! I'm really sorry I missed this; I would have loved to witness such awesomeness. :O)

Stacee Maree said...

nice. did you meet a cute guy that loved your singing? That is dang funny. good job
stellywa