Wednesday, February 4, 2009

We all Have Work

I signed myself up to do some volunteering at the temple grounds this morning. Last night and this morning I was hating myself for that moment of do good ism that I had 3 Sundays ago. So I get up and go, I was the only person to show up. Being that it is winter, there really isn't much to do, so I was paired up with the little old lady volunteer and we fed the roses rose food, while her husband went at the stray leaves with a leaf blower. At about 9:30, another volunteer showed up and he went to help the husband. Once the roses had had their fill and my hands had been thoroughly scraped (forgot to bring gloves) it was my turn with a leaf blower. I had no idea they were so stinking heavy and required so much muscle use, if I had known this I would not have done the million push ups the night before. My already sore arms just got even more sore and then it was time for the raking. I could cry my body hurts so bad. Complaining done with, it was the best time I have had in a long time. It was such a great way to start my day and I love old ladies and the peacefulness of the temple grounds. It was a nice escape, walking around the temple while struggling to carry a bucket of rose food. Its nice to do volunteer work, it really is its own reward.

No comments: